CMOM seeks a Development Associate to join its highly collaborative Development Department in all aspects of fundraising. The candidate must be an organized, detail-oriented individual with exceptional skills in donor relations, database management, writing and editing, and multi-tasking.
The position reports to the Director of Development and supports the entire development team responsible for raising contributions and memberships of $3+ million annually and is also gearing up for a major capital campaign. This is a great opportunity to develop and build upon fundraising skills.
- Maintain Raiser's Edge database including gift entry, generating reports, updating constituent information and creating donor lists for mailings and events.
- Produce and mail gift acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with general office management including scanning, filing and organization of hardcopy and electronic documents.
- Solicit donations for Museum events and maintain list of vendors.
- Provide writing and copy-editing assistance to the department as needed.
- Coordinate and produce fundraising and cultivations events for the Museum and the Capital Campaign with the Director of Development and Associate Director, Individual Giving.
- Conduct prospect research, create donor profiles and track relationships of major donors, family foundations and board members.
- Assist Director of Development and Associate Director, Individual Giving in organizing and coordinating vendors for major fundraising and cultivation events, including annual Gala and Sunday Funday family benefit, and capital campaign as needed.
- Assist Manager of Institutional Giving by drafting, proofreading, editing, and producing support materials for reports and select proposals to institutional funders.
- Conduct ongoing prospect research using Foundation Directory Online and other prospecting tools on existing and new foundation, government and corporate funders.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising.
- Excellent computer (Word/Excel) skills and experience with social media, Raiser's Edge required, Mail Chimp highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Creative, curious, fast learner, with special appreciation for arts education, family and children.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
The Children's Museum of Manhattan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Upload your cover letter and resume. Only applications with thoughtful cover letters included will be considered.
No phone inquiries, please.